Monday, June 6, 2011

Perfect Weekend

So, this weekend I managed to read two novels (both by Lee Child, from his Jack Reacher series), enjoyed a piano recital, ate out most meals and skipped most chores (except for gardening that I wanted to do). It was probably the quietest two days I've had in a long time and they were needed. I feel so much more energized today at work and full of new ideas.

So, I guess the next question becomes... if a few quiet hours can totally refresh me... why don't I schedule downtime more often? I guess because once you schedule it, it becomes another chore.

Don't get me wrong... skipping the laundry, groceries and house cleaning will catch up to me. But I think I need to figure out how to pull off another hooky weekend again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment