Saturday, October 3, 2026

Digital creator invite on Facebook

For the last several months, Facebook has been offering me the opportunity to become a digital creator. I've rejected it every time.

I think that I keep getting invites because I am aggressively blocking trolls and MAGA content and I post daily on my own profile while still supporting two professional pages. 

I find it fascinating that the algorithm hates me blocking "engaging content." I don't want to engage with evil and it's awful that is what Facebook keeps sending me to watch. 

I will share that my aggressive blocking has made Facebook better overall. But still. They should be smart enough to stop sending garbage my way. Instead, they offer me money for supporting that side of the fence. 

Not gonna do it. 

PS I know someone (or some bot) will read this and wonder why I'm leaving money on the table. Well, first of all, while I have no idea how much money my little posts could make, and a pretend scenario is not going to get me to click into their tools. Secondly, I'm not going to ask my friends to watch ads for me to help Meta destroy the world. Finally, kicking trolls off my page is one of the few joys we have online right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment