Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Filling in the Gaps

I fell into the Bridgerton rabbit hole this summer. It was a welcome respite from the insanity of politics, elder crises, and family members moving and getting new jobs. 

As part of my deep dive, I discovered the Archive of Our Own (AO3) which is a repository of fan fiction. I wish it existed 30 years ago when I was in my Star Trek fandom. Oh well, those stories are long lost. 

I ended up writing a novella, called Filling in the Gaps, almost by accident, since the words flowed out of me. I was hoping a few people might find it, but today, one week after I released it, I've got far more views (3,676), kudos (179) and comments (30) that I thought possible. I am grateful for every one of them. 


It was nice to do creative writing again. It's been a really long time since I've even tried. Not sure where this takes me, but it's also nice to have new doors open. 

No comments:

Post a Comment