Friday, May 4, 2018

Freelance: What it means to me

My culling post generated some interesting conversation which made me go consider the definition of a freelancer and what it means to me.  I googled the term and liked the description from Merriam-Webster https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/freelance.  I never considered the mercenary Middle Ages concept before (but duh, an extra lance for hire makes sense) but the word seems to trigger different reactions.

To me, freelancing means freedom, but I think to a lot of other people it means free. I like the freedom of learning new things, helping my clients, and being able to help cover some expenses while doing that. I think for many people looking to hire talent, it is a way to get "free"  or very cheap help.  The global world makes this possible up to a point. I'm curious to see how it continues to evolve.  


No comments:

Post a Comment