Thursday, June 28, 2012

My pets

I wanted to be a vet. I read the James Herriot books when I was younger and fell in love with the profession. Worked at a vet's office and the zoo and volunteered with horses for years. Cornell waitlisted me and I realized I didn't need to go into that much debt for a degree. Went into medical writing/journalism and higher ed instead. Happy I made the choice.

My years of being pre-professional though, has made me a "cheap" pet owner. I only rescue SPCA animals (except for fish LOL) and I rarely do all the tests when my pets get sick. I just nurse them back to health. So here they are:

Shadow (currently 15, the oldest pet I've ever had)

Shadow!

Nugget (our newest member of the family, probably about 18 months)
Nugget

The fish, where the red mollies just had babies!
The fish (lots of babies)

Bandit (our first cat who died of a stroke in January, miss her)
bandit

No comments:

Post a Comment